Friday, July 15, 2011

They Do Say Having A Baby Changes You...

Becoming a mom, I fear, has made me completely sappy. I had that a little during pregnancy, but now...oh man.

Exhibit A of My Increased Sappy-ness:


I discovered this song in the beginning of my 3rd trimester, I think. It's "Remember This" by Beth Champion Mason. I'm not gonna lie...it's a cheesy song. What can I say, though?! It describes my emotions 100%. Especially the "Lord keep him safe" part...wow does that ever take on new meaning considering Roan's birth story.



They placed you in my arms tonight
I can hardly believe that you are mine
Tiny fingers, tiny toes
A tiny life that's gonna grow
I've waited so many years for this day...I wanna make it stay 
(chorus)
I wanna remember this, I wanna remember this
Every smile, every kiss
Every moment's like a promise and I wanna remember this 
We brought our bundle home tonight
Half scared to death, but on cloud nine
As I rocked you in the dark
I could feel your tiny heart
I said a prayer as I kissed your sweet face
"Lord, keep him safe" 
Chorus 
Every season, every age will be beautiful in it's own way
From preschool through to prom, even your wedding day
And we'll celebrate and walk with you
Each step that your life brings
But there's something that's so sweet about beginnings 
Chorus
I wanna remember this, I wanna remember this
Every tear, every touch
I just can't believe I love you this much
I wanna remember, I wanna remember, I wanna remember this 
They placed you in my arms tonight

No comments: