Monday, June 18, 2012

Two Nights Away from Momma

We went down to Fort Wayne again last weekend. I photographed a wedding in Huntington, so Sean and I had a hotel room for 2 nights. Obviously, having a newly-walking baby with us during the wedding...almost a 12 hour day...was not going to be possible. So Roan stayed with grandma Bibi and grandpa Dean Friday and Saturday night! Sean has been away from Roan overnight before, but I haven't.

Surprisingly, I didn't sob! I definitely almost did. Friday night I was pretty worried...not that I don't trust my parents, I just have a tendency to worry...a lot! I got a lot of reassuring texts from my mom that he was doing great. He basically stayed on schedule and even napped from 1pm-3pm for them! I just can't figure out why he doesn't do that at home (he naps that long at daycare, too).

When we saw him Sunday morning, it felt like he grew up tremendously since we'd last seen him Friday evening. He's basically walking like a mad man now. He still stumbles a bit and if he's too tired he will still plop to his butt and crawl where he wants to go, but he walks most of the time! It's pretty funny, though, cause if he's walking along furniture and lets go and starts to walk on his own, he'll still walk sideways or at an angle.

He also didn't take very big bottles, which could either be because he was distracted for whatever reason...or...he's naturally weaning himself off the bottle. I feel like it's the latter.

Oh, and he totally doesn't like processed, pre-packaged food! Certain things he will eat...sometimes...but he definitely prefers homemade. Which means I'm gonna have to find recipes and cook more. Oy!

Saturday night, my family took him out to eat with them. Apparently, he was a wiggle worm! My brother, Morgan, had a blast with him for sure. Saturday during the day, my mom took him swimming at my grandma's. Hopefully I'll get to see pictures of that!

Here are some shots of our big, big boy!

He loooves his aunt Jessie!






No comments: