Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Roan's Christmas 2.0

Our Christmas was nothing short of wonderful this year! We went to Sean's mom's on Christmas Eve Eve. Sean's mom got him a Shake and Go Thomas. The boy loooves his trains!

We had Sean's dad and everyone over for Christmas Eve breakfast. I made peaches & cream stuffed French toast that I think will be tradition now. We Skyped with Nana and Papa in New Mexico, another tradition. We then went to the 3:30 Christmas Eve service at Riv, which was interesting with no RivKids, haha! We took turns with Roan in the lobby (but I'm glad Riv does no RivKids, don't get me wrong!) Ethan and Coley Heikkinen played with him, encouraging high-fives and fist bumps left and right :) We had he car packed and left for Fort Wayne immediately after church.

Christmas day was again wonderful! It was fun watching Roan be actually more interested in opening presents than last year. As soon as he'd unwrap one, he'd say "Open! Open!" So far, I think his favorite is the little James toy train he got...though a lot of his presents are in a box upstairs, so he hasn't gotten to play with all of them. We'll take them out when we get home. 

He got a train table that I cannot wait to get set up in the basement! When I opened it, he was on the other side of the room with my dad (it was crazy so I was just trying to get through the presents...and it was too heavy and big for me to take over to him)...so when he saw it, he made a bee line right for it, climbing over boxes and presents! Nothing else mattered to him in that moment! I was heartbroken we couldn't open it for him right there, but for the sake of traveling with it, we couldn't. I would make a list of all the things he got, but it would be a long list! This is why Sean and I are thinking we're gonna give him 3 gifts from us each year (3 wise men...) cause my parents will always have Christmas more than covered! 

Jaa, Jody, and the kids came over as well as grandma Berta and Tom. We ate and opened more presents. I just can't get enough of Isaiah and Daniella! Roan pronounces Isaiah's name as "Eye-sah!" They're both learning to share, so we have to remind Roan to let Isaiah play with his toys...I was referencing Daniel Tiger a lot ("You can take a turn, and then I'll get it back!"). Daniella gave me about 5 kisses and I could have had 5 more! 

Tonight, Sean and I are going to see Les Mis! We decided we'd make the most of free babysitters while we're here (not that Sean's family won't watch him, it's just harder sometimes due to schedules). Going to see the movie is part of my Christmas present; I was shocked when Sean said he was ok with going to see it! He doesn't like musicals...and honestly, Les Mis is the only one I can stand, haha. I'm pretty excited!





No comments: