Monday, April 4, 2011

Braxton Hicks and other things

I had Braxton Hicks on Saturday. It was pretty constant for about an hour, but the intensity ebbed and flowed. It certainly wasn't fun at all...pretty uncomfortable. 

This weekend is my brother (Morgan) & his fiancee's (Jessie) wedding shower/party. I can't wait to see my family! We'll see how I hold up on the 2 hour drive down :) I'm really just worried about my back....

While down there, I'm having my first maternity shoot done by the incredibly talented Morgan Trowbridge! On the day one of my 28th week of pregnancy...in other words, I'll officially be in the third trimester. How perfect! I plan on having another shoot done by the also very talented Jim Lenon closer to my due date. I cannot believe I'm so close to the third tri!! Seriously...wow!

I had the ever-so-fun glucose test done last week. The drink wasn't that bad at all. I kinda liked it actually (I had the red one). It tasted like Kool Aid. My sugar is normal, but my iron was low. I'm on supplements now. I don't think it's fully gotten into my system yet cause I'm still pretty tired...all the time.

I've also started to look more in depth into cloth diapering. I know I want to at least attempt it. All the different types of diapers is overwhelming for me. I don't think I want to start the cloth diapers immediately, though. I think I want to use Seventh Generation diapers for the first little while and then switch to cloth after a few months or so. My main concern with cloth is our washer...it's not the greatest. I mean, it cleans our clothes, I just don't know how it's gonna do with cloth diapers. If only we could afford those super awesome front loading washer & dryers!

I've been trying for several weeks now to get a good video of Roan kicking, but it just doesn't look the same on video. Plus, he gets shy when people try to watch or put their hand on my belly (side note: I don't mind if you put your hand on my belly...if I know you well enough. Asking beforehand is always nice, but generally, if we're friends, I don't care). However, he's a pretty active little guy! I still get nervous when I don't feel him moving, but he always ends up giving me a quick little reassuring kick :) I hope he knows his momma is a worrier...but I'm working on it. Always working on it!

No comments: