Saturday, April 16, 2011

Roan finally cooperated!

I've been feeling Roan's kicks since February-ish. Obviously, at first they couldn't be felt from the outside...they were just itty bitty kicks. But as they've gotten bigger, I've tried to get Sean to feel them, too. Yet every single time Sean puts his hand on my belly, Roan calms down and stops kicking. Sean would always say "I'll feel him eventually," but I was starting to doubt that!

Last night, we were watching a movie with Sean's dad, sister, brother, and nephew for his dad's birthday. Roan made quite a few big kicks, so I grabbed Sean's hand and put it on my belly. A few minutes later, there was a big kick! Sean said "Was that...?" and I said "Yeah! You finally felt him kick!" Finally...at 29 weeks, haha.

My biggest issue is still my back. Especially the more my tummy grows. I try not to sit or stand for too long...moving around is key. With the exception of "my spot" on the couch. I can manage to hang out here without it hurting. Probably because I have a minimum of 5 pillows propping me up & my feet up on the couch. Although, I figured out that stacking 2 bean bags on top of each other & using the top one for back support helps at work. Kinda hard to really effectively do my job that way, haha.

We had maternity pictures taken last weekend while we were visiting my family. Here's a little preview:









It was great having them done. The weather cooperated really well! They predicted rain, but we never saw a sprinkle. It was cloudy, too...just right. I can't wait to see the rest!

I must say, too, it was really eye-opening for me to be on the other side of the camera for a maternity shoot!

1 comment:

Coach Green said...

You look so cute pregnant McKenna. Thanks for sharing these pictures. Can't wait for baby Roan to make his appearance in the world. Keep us posted.