Monday, July 16, 2012

Roan's Wild Rumpus!

Roan's birthday party was a huge success!

I literally could not have done it without my parents. Thank you, mom and dad! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Also, thank you to Miss Karen (Roan's daycare lady) for helping set up! We did not have enough hands and she was a big help.

Finally, again, thank you to everyone who came out! There were lots of kids (as my dad put it: "You have very fertile friends."), yummy food, and fellowship. I wish we could have invited more people!

I wish I would have gotten more pictures...or had someone else do it...but here are a few:



This is seriously the messiest he got!


Now he can play like dadda! Sort of.



Like a true wild thing...


Papa reading to Roan and his cousin, Jayson.


This took entirely too much time for me to make. Worth it? I think so.


He loves this! Thanks, Miss Karen!

In mamma and dadda news: I'm taking an indefinite break from photography. I explained why in my photography blog. I will still take pictures for personal reasons :)

Turnover is starting soon for Sean. I'm dreading it. Although, the sooner it starts, the sooner it will be over. I'm not looking forward to him working 12/13+ hour days. But the income is sorely needed. I will need and welcome play dates when I'm not watching Quin (Wednesdays and weekends)! Or people are more than welcome to come here...once I get the house more organized. It's kinda driving me crazy.

I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief now that Roan's party is over. I just feel like I can relax more: no more monthly photo shoots...more documenting the daily details. No more thinking about the birthday party, making sure we have a, b, and c and that we have enough. Phew! His next big party will be graduation, haha. Birthday parties will be more intimate from now on, haha.

I'm going to go eat a celebratory cupcake while I can (Quin is napping)! They're "healthier", too, so I don't feel as much guilt about eating them.

No comments: