Tuesday, August 23, 2011

6ish Weeks

How Roan is Doing...

That picture basically says it all. He smiles so much now! Well, compared to before when he'd only smile in his sleep sometimes. He'll be laying on the couch or changing table, just looking around, and I'll start talking to him and he'll smile...so I know it's not cause he just farted or pooped. It's fun, it's great, it makes me feel like I'm on top of the world!

I don't know Roan's measurements right now. His next appointment is September 20th (2 month checkup). He's been eating every 2 hours...sometimes less than that. Yeah, I feel like a dairy cow, but it's part of being a mom.

How Mom is Doing...

I'm tired. Always tired.

I had my friend Kali highlight my hair! I really just need to feel pretty since...well...I'm kinda grossed out by my body right now. I'm also getting a massage soon and a Roan-inspired tattoo on my left foot. I'll post a picture after I get it. 

My OB told me today that I could try for a VBAC with baby #2 (VBAC = vaginal birth after Cesarean)...though I don't know that I will. We'll have to think about the risks when the time comes...as of right now, I lean towards not doing a VBAC because of the malignant hyperthermia thing and the risks involved. She also said that I wouldn't necessarily be monitored closely with #2 for the fibroid thing. Fibroids are unpredictable. So I might not have the same issue next time. She confirmed that the fibroid was what was causing my contractions to be not-normal (I only felt them on the right side) and probably was why labor didn't progress since the uterus doesn't contract like it should when there's a fibroid like that.

How Dad is Doing...

He came home on his lunch break today :) Ignore the baby stuff in the background, haha. I can't wait to get most of it back upstairs!
Turnover is almost done! They still have more work, but not crazy amounts. We're looking forward to family time and maybe...maaaybe we can have some mom-and-dad time. It's been a looong time since we had a date!

He's been great at letting me have a break every now and then. Even if it's just to shower or cook. He's sacrificed sleep so I could sleep during turnover. I'm very blessed! Thanks for putting up with me, hun! I promise I'm working on how to handle sleep deprivation better ;-)

No comments: