Monday, September 5, 2011

Curiosity, Tattoos, and Football


8 week update!

How Roan is Doing...

Roan is growing up so fast! It feels like he went from sleeping all the time to being more alert, curious, and interactive (yeah, the pic is of him sleeping, I know). He's started to notice (and love) his toys...especially on his activity mat. He's smiling a ton (as long as he's not gassy, has a clean diaper, and has been fed and burped haha). I was playfully bouncing him and making silly noises and he got a huge smile on his face! He smiled at my friend's mom the instant she started talking to him, too. I loved the sleepy, itty-bitty stage, but this is fun, too.

It just kinda hit me one day how big he is now. People comment on how little he is, but to me, he seems huge!  I mean, yeah, compared to an older baby he's gonna seem small...but to me, comparing how big he is now to how little he was at birth...it really blows my mind!

How Mom is Doing...

I got a tattoo! I'd been wanting something on my left foot...I have one that's a similar shape on my right foot and the asymmetry of not having a tattoo on the left foot bothered me. I just never knew what I wanted until Roan was born.

For those that don't know, Sean came up with the name Roan while driving on some highway (this was before I was even pregnant, before we were even married if I remember right). He saw an exit sign for a Roanoke Road...I think that's how it was spelled (correct me if I'm wrong, hun). Also, there is a Rowan tree...and Rowan also means "Little red one" in Gaelic. Fitting with his red hair, no?

So, the tattoo represents the leaf and berries of the Rowan tree and 7-10-11, naturally, is his birth date. I absolutely love the tattoo! I'll definitely be going to Curtis at The Gallery for my next tattoo(s)...which might be when baby #2 is born. I've thought about adding a Bible verse reference to the tat on my right foot. The tattoo has meaning for me, but people never ask about that...they just think "Oh, lily of the valley and a dragonfly. Pretty."

How Dad is Doing...

Dad had Labor Day off work. We didn't do anything, but it's still just nice to be together. He's going to be camping this coming weekend...something I personally am not looking forward to, haha. That's just a long time to go alone with the baby. I mean, I know I'll be ok...I'll survive. I mean, that's basically how turnover was. I just never like it when he's gone anyway...even before the Baby Days. 

Football season is starting soon...which means lots of ESPN. Not Mom's favorite time of year, but it makes Dad happy. He's in 4 Fantasy Football leagues. Haha. As long as we can fit some family time in there, too, I'm good. Just be prepared to give Roan his bottle or rock him in your lap during the games, hun!

No comments: