Monday, November 7, 2011

Almost 4 Months

How Roan is Doing...
Yay tummy time!
He is getting so big! He'll be 4 months on the 10th...wow. His appointment on the 14th so we'll see how much  he weighs. He's long & lean(ish haha). He's wearing 3-6mo size now and it's loose around his tummy, but the snaps on his onesies always pop open...and the legs on his romper outfit things are too short, but everywhere else, it fits.

He was a lion for Halloween. Grandma Bebe (my mom) got him his costume...originally we thought it was a monster, but the more I look at it, the more I think it's a lion. Just not your typical lion costume colors. But he was stinkin' adorable! I took him to Sycamore (where I work) for the Halloween parade. It was chilly, but rest assured I am a good momma and made sure he was warm ;) He was actually sweaty when I took him out of the car seat!




My cousin had her baby! Leo Lewis was born on 10/30/11...she said she didn't want a Halloween baby & she got her wish :) Interestingly enough, my husband read (<--link) that the birth rate drops by like 11% on Hallween. Anyway, Roan got to meet his new "frousin" (a term my husband coined).

Leo is so tiny...and adorable! 

How Mom is Doing...


I am loving being home. I do miss my job, but really nothing beats being home with my boy. There are times when I desperately want Sean home to help, too, and I certainly can't get as much done as I'd like, but still. Just when I think I couldn't love him any more than I do, I look at him and he smiles and I feel like my heart is gonna burst. I actually like cooking, cleaning (ok, maybe not cleaning), and taking care of Roan all day. I'm nervous about how I'm gonna do it all when I go back to work.

I've been battling a clogged salivary duct (<--link). That link doesn't look like mine...mine isn't that bad. No drainage. Basically, that thing under your tongue that squirts out saliva...that is clogged by a calcified stone. Originally I thought it was a canker sore, but after a week Sean told me to go in to Urgent Care. They told me what it was and that I need to be seen by an ear, nose, and throat doc. I explained that I'm not insured, so they prescribed antibiotics & told me to suck on sour candy so I could salivate more and hopefully dislodge it. Well, it's been like a week now and it's a little better, but still there. I got so desperate, I punctured it with a safety pin (that I sterilized beforehand), but it just bled. The candy was making my stomach upset, so I'd bought some lemons and I've been sucking on those. I don't know what it was, but one of those things caused the swelling to reduce drastically. It's annoying cause I feel it there under my tongue ALL the time & I'm always trying to push saliva out more to get that thing out. This is probably the most random medical issue I've ever had. If it doesn't go away, I'll have to go to an ENT which is super expensive. I do not want that.

How Dad is Doing...

Sean accepted an offer to work at Inspired Green. In this economy, to have a job offered to you is rare. He goes door-to-door offering to install a free kit to Consumers Energy customers to weatherize their homes and make them a little more energy efficient. From there, they can have someone come out and run tests to see how weatherized/efficient their house is and if they make any improvements, Consumers will match what they spend up to a certain amount. That's it in a nutshell...as I understand it. The company is expanding pretty quickly & a lot of people from Riv work there, too. It could be a really good thing for our family if he's offered benefits. So I'm hoping that it works out.

It helps, too, knowing when he'll be home...and that he won't work weekends. Though with painting, sometimes he'd have a few days during the week off and that was nice, too, haha. But I'm so proud of him for doing this. He could have easily said "no" and continued to do something he's good at and comfortable with, but he's trying something new for the sake of our family. 

Stay tuned for Roan's stats after the 14th!

No comments: