Monday, December 26, 2011

Roan's First Christmas

The Day Before Christmas Eve & Christmas Eve

We celebrated Christmas with Sean's mom, his sister, and brother's girlfriend on the 23rd. He got some pretty cute clothes :) Jay got a book about a puppy that he thought was just hilarious (I got video of it). I didn't take many pictures that night because it was close to his bed time. We got home about an hour and a half past bed time, hoping he'd go to bed easily. He was up till 10:30pm and got up at his usual time. He wasn't all that cranky, it's just not something we should do regularly haha.



He LOVES holding his cousin!

Just had to share that this is how he fell asleep on the way home.

Then on Christmas Eve, we had Sean's dad, sister, her husand, Jay (our nephew), his brother, and his girlfriend over for breakfast. We Skyped with Sean's Nona and Papa in New Mexico.




Skyping with Nona and Papa
We left shortly after breakfast. It was kinda hectic. I wanted to pack in an organized manner so I knew where everything was. But, inevitably, that didn't happen, so I did do a bit of "Um, well it might be in [this bag], or it might be in [that bag]" when we were at my parents. 


Roan didn't sleep long in the car...not as much as he usually does. But it didn't seem to affect his mood much.



My grandma and aunt Dawn came over to visit :)



Then Came Christmas Morning!

Grandpa Dean was excited to hold Roan when he opened his first Christmas Day gift.

Probably my favorite of them so far.

ALL these toys around him and he chooses the gift tag from daddy's stocking.

He absolutely loves his Laugh and Learn Puppy!

And his Sophie!

What Mommy and Daddy Got

Mommy got a KitchenAid mixer! I am sooo excited about it! I'm already looking at accessories.



Daddy got an Xbox 360 with Kinect! Last year, my parents wrapped one of his gifts in an old Xbox box, so he got all excited only to find it was not an Xbox. This year, they wrapped the real Xbox in a box for a dessert stand, but he kinda figured it out. He felt the Xbox box move around inside the other box, so he knew there was something else in it. He was still excited...and I am, too, because I got a Kinect work out game!


Roan's First Cold

Poor Keane-y Bean-y started with sneezing quite a bit Christmas day. Though I didn't give much thought to it because he does sneeze from time-to-time. But then the snot just started flowing like crazy. He was up 4 times before 6:30am when I fed him. Sean went to Walgreens to get a booger sucker (I thought our medicine bag for him had one, but it didn't). The next time Roan woke up, Sean held him and comforted him while my sis-in-law, Jessie, and I went to Walgreens to get Boogie wipes, saline drops, and chest rub stuff. The cashier was so nice, given that she was working on Christmas.

He obviously hates the booger sucker and the saline drops. I had to have my mom do the drops the first time...it broke my heart!

My mom thinks he's cutting a tooth. My brothers and I would always get colds before a tooth would come in. He could have also gotten sick from someone, though. Neither Sean or I have been sick in weeks, so I dunno. Time will tell. I just want it to be over :( He wants to suck his thumb, but he can't breathe through his nose in order to do so. He gets so frustrated.

The good thing is he's still a happy baby. I mean, he's not happy when we're shoving things up his nose, but his overall disposition hasn't changed.

Sean is putting him to bed now. Gave him a dose of saline drops and propped his crib up at a slight angle. Fingers crossed he gets more sleep tonight than last night!

No comments: