Friday, August 10, 2012

12 [13] Month Check Up!

Here's where Roan is at! :

Weight: 23lb 8oz putting him in the 56th percentile

Height: 30.5'' putting him in the 60th percentile

Head circumference: 48cm putting him in the 85th percentile!! He's always been in the 80-something percentile for this except at 8 months he was in the 75th, haha. Big ol' noggin.

He had 4 shots. He cried, obviously, but I held him for a minute or so and he was back to talking...well, whimper-talking, but still. He took it like a champ, like he has every time.

Waiting for the doctor this time was very different than before! He just had to be on the floor, walking around and exploring. It is quite the task to keep him from things he shouldn't play with. He is just so curious!

Here's a picture of Roan and dadda while we were waiting for the doctor...making [inside-voice] noises!


He still has yet to call me "mamma". A lot of things are "dadda" now, but he still consistently calls Sean that...while smiling. I keep telling myself that one day "mamma" is all I will hear and I will reminisce about the days when he just wouldn't say it and I wanted him to so badly.

He keeps adding words to his vocabulary...and he's not just mimicking the sounds. He will point to the object and say the right word. Bush, bus (he now says that even when he hears one drive by while he's eating lunch or dinner), shoes, and car(s) to name a few. Some problematic things: every baby is "Roro" (Roan) and I think "clock" is becoming "kaka" (which, in Spanish, means something bad, if you don't know). *sigh*

I still have moments where I kinda freak out...realizing he's a toddler. Like today: watching him walk around in his toddler shoes, jeans, and coat. The last time he wore a coat he was, oh, 7 or 8 months old. Something about seeing him in a coat...it's weird how stuff hits you like that.

I think I'm going to start a personal blog again and my first post is going to be about something really cool that God has been doing in Sean & I's marriage. So I will be posting the link to that on Facebook.

No comments: