Thursday, August 2, 2012

Koi Fish? Maybe Not, Mamma.

Roan is such a funny boy. He gets his hands dirty and looks at them like "What is this?! I want it off!" then wipes his hand in the grass, which rarely ever really helps very much. He also looks at his hands like that at least once during meals when they've got food on them.

He's so hesitant about new things sometimes. Pretty much any animal other than dogs and cats.

Friends of ours have koi fish in their pond. After taking their little girl's 12 month pictures (some of which involved her putting her feet in the pond), I decided to see what would happen if I did that with Roan. He did like the koi fish at first, as you can kind of tell by the pictures, but after one of them broke the surface, making the teeniest splash, he didn't like it.

My friend, Holly, used my camera:

Apprehensive...

Wondering what it feels like...

Hm, this isn't so bad....

Nope, don't like it anymore. And I'm trying to show him that it's ok :)

No comments: