Sunday, August 5, 2012

Stud Muffin

My studly boy at Ty (my cousin) and Angelina's wedding: 





I also uploaded a video of him dancing at the wedding to Facebook.


In other news, this book is a fantastic read for parents. 



I'm on chapter 6. I really like most of the views the French have on parenting - and certainly pregnancy. As I understand it so far: teaching independence, patience, and autonomy, while still being a loving, nurturing parent. I won't say for sure if I recommend it until I finish it, but as of right now, I'd say this book is on it's way to being recommend-able.

One of my favorite quotes:

In France, the way you give birth doesn't situate you within a value system or define the sort of parent you'll be. It is, for the most part, a way of getting your baby safely from your uterus into your arms.

I have highlighted something on almost every single page.

No comments: