Saturday, June 18, 2011

38 Weeks & Taking it One Day at a Time.

So, no belly shot this week. I probably don't look much different than the last shot.

I'm trying not to "sit & wait" too much. I've been nesting, of course, but also trying to spread things out so  I don't blast through the list & end up with nothing to keep me occupied. I've also started to crochet some things for Roan. The first thing being an owl hat. However, I think it looks silly. The pattern has instructions for various sizes...infant to adult. But the eyes, ears, and beak are all one size. So I think they're just too big for the hat, so I'm gonna take them off. The other hat I'm working on isn't turning out so well, haha. It's a bit more of an advanced pattern than I'm used to, though. I made a bottle cozie today & plan on making more. I'll upload pics when I'm done :)


Hard to believe I'm just 2ish weeks away from D-Day!

Size of baby: The internet says about 6 - 7 lbs and 19-20 inches.

Movement: Still pretty active. But man, my ribs need a vacation from his kicks. It hurts really bad.


Sleep: Still on the couch. I tried sleeping in the bed last night & it didn't last. It just hurt. Not to mention I pulled a muscle getting out of bed. Really, I'm not kidding!


Symptoms: Same. Swollen feet, achy ribs, heartburn....

Baby's position: Head down. My OB said that the whole posterior/sunny-side-up thing changes. His body can still twist and turn a bit (as if on a pole). Still, I think the majority of the time he's posterior. The most important thing is whether or not he's breech, which he's not.
  
Best Moment this week: My friend Sandy had a baby girl a few weeks ago and I took her some food. While holding her little girl, it struck me that Roan is probably only a little bit smaller than her right now! It was just surreal holding her and realizing that. And it really put into perspective why my ribs feel like their being dislocated numerous times a day.

Oh, my son...when are we gonna get to meet you? Will you come early like everyone is predicting or are you gonna prove them wrong, just like you did by being a boy instead of a girl? 

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Honey I know you are uncomfortable, and when he is here it will all be worth it, Papa and i are so excited and can hardly wait to see you all together, I bet the hats are cute.