Monday, June 20, 2011

Nesting & Crochet Projects

I love summer. I love that I have all this time to nest! The big important stuff I wanted done are done. I still gotta get Sean to take the blinds down in the kitchen so I can hose them off outside. They're really dirty. I don't think the previous owners eeeever cleaned them. So, rather than slave over each individual blind, I figure just hosing them down will work.

So, other than cleaning & organizing, here are the crochet projects I've been working on the last few days...


A hat for Roan. Although I wonder if it will be too small by fall/winter? The pattern was really complicated and confusing. It's supposed to be a cable stitch. I gave up on that pretty early on and just kept going, doing whatever. So it's a random stitch hat :)


This is/was the owl hat. I took the eyes, beak, and ears off. Just looked silly to me.


This is my favorite hat for Roan! I hope it's not too big... I used a bigger hook & thicker yarn than the pattern called for. But I tried taking some stitches/rows out to make up for it. We'll see!


Bottle cozy! I plan on making several more of these. So easy to do! 


Headband for myself :)


I found these gift tags at World Market and I thought they'd make good labels for the boxes in his closet :) If only there was a raccoon....



This last picture is of the front door. We have this big empty spot to the left of the door. I've been wanting to plant stuff there for a while...some low maintenance annuals of some kind. But, I've just never gotten around to it.
I was given these flowers from my shower at work & thought it would be pretty easy/simple to just buy a pot & put them in it. It looks kinda dinky...being the only plants we have out front other than 2 bushes...but...it's something.


I'm getting more and more anxious for this baby to get here each day! I think Sean is, too. I bought lots of fresh pineapple today. I'm taking Evening Primrose Oil and drinking Raspberry Leaf tea, too. I don't know if it's actually helping, but it can't hurt! Roan, you're being evicted. We want to meet you!!

No comments: