Sunday, October 16, 2011

What A Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was busy & jam-packed, but oh-so-wonderful! To start, our friends Melissa & Chris got hitched Friday...so Sean and I had a nice night out while his sister, brother-in-law, and our nephew watched Roan until my parents got into town.

Saturday we had nothing planned, so my mom & dad told us to go to a movie...we gladly did! We saw 50/50 (which we both really enjoyed). Not to mention, my mom cooked & took me shopping while they were here, on top of doing the night shifts with Roan! So blessed!

Sunday was D-Day...Roan was dedicated. Really, it was basically us publicly saying we're going to do our best to raise Roan in a way that pleases God. My grandma Dorothy, aunt Dawn, and sis-in-law Jessie came up from Indiana...as did grandma Berta & Tom. I hadn't seen grandma D and aunt Dawn in a long time, so it was really, really good to see them. Lots of other family in town came, too. We went to the Cracker Barrel afterwards and I didn't want to leave! I wanted to go to someone's house & spend more time together. But Roan was really sleepy...he slept for a little bit in the nursery during church & a few minutes at the restaurant, but definitely not his usual.

Speaking of Roan & sleep...he is doing awesome! He goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:15ish and doesn't wake up till somewhere around 5 or 6am, then back to sleep for another 2ish hours. So I'm glad my mom didn't have to get up every 3 hours like before. This also means that Sean & I are consistently sleeping in the same bed again!

Here are some pics from this weekend...

Grandpa Dean is silly.

Asleep at the Cracker Barrel :)

Roan loves his grandpa!

Special time with great-grandma Berta

Great-grandma Dorothy snuggles!

It might not look like it here, but he really got snuggly with his great aunt Dawn for a little bit there.

No comments: